28 Dec Sobias Packing Tips
Assalamu Alaykum Husna Travellers!
It’s me again, Sobia, your exclusive Husna Travel & Excursion Representative! We’re so excited to have you join us on our Beach & Beyond Vacation in the Bahamas! With only a few days left, I’m sure you’ve begun taking out your suitcases and carry-on bags.
Still unsure what to pack? Not to worry! I have prepared an extensive packing list of excursion essentials, toiletries, travel accessories and of course tech accessories you should consider bringing with you. Remember, travelling light is always easier for you and your family as you transport from one place to another, so be selective as to what you’d like to pack.
Our Breezes Resorts will offer toiletry essentials, fresh towels and other conveniences, however, if you have your favourites, I’ve added those to the list as well. Bahamian Currency is equivalent to US Dollars so it’s better to bring US Dollars with you if you prefer cash transactions. Banks and currency exchange centers are available in town so you will be able to convert quite easily on the island as well. The Bahamas uses 120 voltage with two prongs (same as the US and Canada), so depending on where you are coming from, you may need an adaptor for your tech chargers and plugs.
Before getting to the list I recommend you also take a look at the itinerary and top 10 excursion recommendations, as it will help in giving you a good idea of what you need and don’t need.
Let’s start packing, shall we? Here’s what you will need:
- Cash (Bahamian Dollars are equivalent to US Dollars and are readily accepted at vendors and shops)
- Credit Cards, passports, important travel documents
- Books, Quran, daily dua books
- Travel prayer mat (you will need this)
- Small water bucket/Istinja bottle (This will also come in handy when needing to wash your feet as some find the sinks to be high)
- Fancier outfit for nights out or for our Husna programs
- Light knits for cooler nights
- Fitness clothing for working out at the gym
- Comfortable flip-flops or sandals
- Walking shoes
- Swimming goggles
- Floaters for children
- Life jackets
- Modest swimwear
- Reusable Bottle, fill your tropical drinks all day long! Also great for filling up Spring Water at all the drink stations, Breezes does not carry Plastic Water bottles as they are reducing plastic waste
- Baby formula
- Baby snacks
- Pack and playpen (resort does not have cribs)
- Swimming accessories, floaters, hats, sunglasses, goggles
- Small portable coolers for keeping milk and drinks cool.
- Beach mat
- Sunscreen, Sun Tan Lotion
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, mouthwash
- Baby wipes (small travel pack to keep while you’re on an excursion or on in-flight)
- Shampoo/conditioner (available at the hotel; optional if you like to take your favourite)
- Contact lens solution and case
- Insect repellent
- Baby powder or dry shampoo (in case you’re on the go from the beach, helps remove sand from hair)
- Nail cutter (avoid packing in the carry-on for security purposes)
- Medicine, vitamins & supplements (any essential prescriptions should be filled before the trip, allergy medication, and anything other vitamins/supplements you take regularly)
- Travel backpack
- Travel journal & pens for prolific writers
- Sun hat
- Smart Phone, earphones, chargers
- e-Readers if you’d love to read that long-awaited novel by the beach!
- Portable battery pack
- Camera, memory card, battery charger, lens cleaner
- OPTIONAL: Laptop/Tablet (but do you really want to be working on vacay??)
- NOTE: the Bahamas uses 120 Voltage so if you are from North America, it would be the same outlets. European and travellers abroad will need an adaptor)
It is always recommended to keep the absolute essentials with you in your carry-on in case there is a challenge locating your checked in bags.
Phew! That may sound like a lot, but if you pack and fold strategically, you’ll be able to fit everything into one suitcase. If you’ve left anything behind, Breezes has a gift shop that carries all the essentials
Nassau’s city center is only 15 minutes away. A quick visit to the shops in town will enable to you get any additional items you may need while travelling.
That’s it for now! Let the vacationing begin, inshallah!
Husna Travel & Excursion Representative